June 9, 2020 Budget Vote/Voter Information
Instructions for Completing an Absentee Ballot
1. Mark the ballot only with a pen or pencil.
2. To vote for a candidate whose name is printed on the ballot mark a single X mark or ✓ mark in the voting square next to the candidate's name.
3. To vote for a person whose name is not printed on the ballot, write his or her name in the space labeled “write-in” that appears at the bottom of the column for such office.
4. To vote yes or no on a Proposition that appears on this ballot, mark a single X mark or ✓ mark in the voting square that corresponds with your vote.
5. Any other mark or writing, or any erasure made on this ballot outside the voting squares or blank spaces provided for voting will void this entire ballot.
6. After completing your ballot, insert the ballot in the envelope which is labeled with your name and address and seal the envelope. Read the “Statement of Absentee Voter” on the back of the envelope and sign and date the envelope in the spaces indicated. Note: The text of the "Statement of Absentee Voter" is mandated by statute. For this election, an application for an absentee ballot was not required due to the Governor's Executive Order 202.26. Your signature on this Statement will not be deemed to be a representation by you that you submitted an application since none required.
7. Insert the completed envelope in the postage-paid envelope marked “District Clerk” and seal this envelope. This envelope may be mailed or hand-delivered to the District Office at 22 Horse Hollow Road, Locust Valley, New York. A locked drop-box is available at the entrance to the Administration Building.
8. The ballot must be received in the office of the District Clerk not later than 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2020.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING ABSENTEE BALLOTS
Any person who wishes to examine the list of absentee voters to whom ballots have been issued may request access to such list by e-mailing the District Clerk at email@example.com. If a qualified voter wishes to file a written challenge of the qualifications of any voter on this list, such challenge must be e-mailed to the District Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2020. Such e-mail must contain the reasons for such challenge. No written challenges received after 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2020 will be considered.
Education Law provides that an envelope containing a returned absentee ballot is not to be opened until a determination is made that there is no reason for rejecting the ballot, which could happen if, for example, the voter fails to provide the signature required by law to appear on the envelope containing the ballot. Once such a determination is made and the envelope opened, the ballot is withdrawn without unfolding and deposited into the proper ballot box. As a result, at the time of counting, the ballots will not be linked to the envelope in which they were returned. The counting of ballots will commence after 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2020.
Not sure if you are registered to vote?
Click here to see if you are registered to vote in the June 9 Budget Vote and Trustee Election.
If you have any questions regarding the vote,
please contact the LVCSD District Clerk at 277-5007.